Monday, June 15, 2015

Undine, spirit of water (work in progress)


Now we arrive to the final design that I will be taking for color. It's taken at least 5 or 6 retraces to get to this point over the course of a couple of days or so. Undine, the water spirit from Greek mythology, will have a full render coming soon : )



Undine now has a more interesting costume with much more detail. My favorite part are the pearl beads that wrap around her waist. The theme of water was still kept with the clothes transitioning into water beyond a certain point. Also added a forehead ornament and reverted her hair style back my first design.

After looking at my Undine design for a bit, I thought 'Man, this is boring....I can do better than this!'. Thus, it was back to the drawing board so to speak. Having clothes made of water for a water spirit is fine but it's also been done a million times and leaves very little for the viewer to take in without the fancy render and FX. Also, the hair was boring too! (what was I thinking?)
This was what I thought was going to be my final design for Undine. Being a water spirit, I thought it only right that she be made of water and the clothes made of water too.





This one is the starting point for the Undine design. I always start with pose first before worrying about any costumes or details. If the pose fails to work, no amount of detail or fancy rendering will fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment