Saturday, April 25, 2015

The Rose Princess


This is a design I submitted for a contest online for an art community called "CGCookie". The contest had "Rose Princess" as its prompt for creative inspiration. It'll be judged amongst other submissions towards the end of next month. Regardless of what happens in judging, it was a lot of fun to make. Thoroughly enjoyed this one!

I’m a huge fan of traditional Disney animation. Thinking on the concept of “Rose Princess” led me into a fantasy world that Disney films are known for making. She is small; wandering about the flowers like Alice did in Wonderland. Roses with a gradient of colors are my favorite so it seemed only right to have her dress have a variety of hues of rose colors. Flowers in general bloom in the morning as the sun rises so I envisioned her walking about just after waking up with some dew drops on her dress. Being plant-ish herself, she has a light green tone for her skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment